Myotherapy at CSC
What is Myotherapy?
Myotherapy is the evidence-based assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal pain and associated conditions. In common with other allied health practices Myotherapists utilise a wide range of evidence-based treatment approaches and skill, which in addition to manual therapy, assists with muscular pain and dysfunction (Myotherapy Association Australia, 2020).
Great treatment outcomes start with a comprehensive assessment to understand your pain and history. The initial consultation will usually include a conversation about the pain or injury and will be followed by a physical assessment to determine the quality of movement and functional capacity of your body.
We will then be able to discuss the relevant factors that are important to you and your recovery goals, and agree on the treatment plan. The initial consultation will usually include your first treatment aiming to control symptoms and start working to get you strong, mobile, and moving well.
Standard follow-up treatments will review your progress against the plan, and continue to build confidence in moving well again. Follow up treatments will often aim to help you move you past your pain, and aim to prevent the problem returning and improve your physical wellbeing.
At Complete Sports Care, our Myotherapist, Tim Trevail works closely with the Physiotherapy team to manage pain and restore optimal function to meet your goals.
What you can expect from our Myotherapist?
- A thorough physical assessment to understand your pain
- Consideration of biomechanical, psychological and other factors that may impact on your recovery
- Education on the condition and shared decision making on best management options
- Manual therapy as an adjunct to other evidence-based treatments
- Consultation with other healthcare professionals if necessary
- Guided and active recovery that meets your goals
What not to expect
Just a massage. Massage can be great for people to control symptoms, but modern understanding of the evidence tells us that massage alone is unlikely to act as a long term ‘fix’ and may lead to a reliance on passive therapies. At Complete Sports Care, we understand that pain and injury is multi-factorial and complex, and effective treatment needs to include a range of active supports to get you back on track. Our myotherapist will always discuss the range of treatment options with you to ensure that you have the tools to support you take control of your pain.
Clinical Myotherapy Services
- Expert injury assessment and treatment Pain management
- Corrective exercise rehabilitation
- Sports injury clinical diagnosis and management
- Manual therapy
- Dry Needling
- Taping and strapping
- Running gait analysis
- Injury prevention support
Find out more about Tim, our myotherapist here.
Health insurance rebates available (with remedial cover)