Mastering Lower Limb Tendinopathy Course
(For Physios, Osteos, Chiros, Podiatrists, Sports Doctors, Myotherapists, Exercise Physiologists, Personal trainers, Pilates instructors)
This course is accredited for 8.5 hours CPD by ESSA.
In this course Pete will introduce a rehabilitation and management model for all the commonly injured tendons in the lower limb, Achilles, gluteal (aka trochanteric bursitis), hamstring, patellar, tibialis posterior, plantar fascia. Whether you are a new graduate or very experienced clinician, you will come away with many answers to your questions as well as clinical gems to take away. This is a practical course focusing on enhancing your skills in assessment and management of kinetic chain deficits, and evidence based and effective rehabilitation strategies to manage tendinopathy.
Delivered by Peter Malliaras, physio PhD and tendinopathy specialist. Pete is currently involved in tendon research in Australia, Spain and the UK and sees about 40 tendinopathy patients per week, from elite athletes to relatively inactive people. Given this strong clinical focus, you get a current and detailed clinical perspective.
Limited places to ensure adequate time for practice and 1-1 attention.
- Understand the structure and function of tendon.
- Understand the latest research relating to the pathogenesis and aetiology of tendinopathy and how this applies to clinical management.
- Demonstrate accurate and objective diagnosis and assessment of tendinopathies (including palpation, differential diagnosis, kinetic chain assessment of flexibility, strength, biomechanics and power).
- Plan rehabilitation strategies for tendon injuries among patients with different clinical presentations.
- Justify the use of conservative adjuncts (eg electrotherapy, taping, orthotics, manual therapy, etc) and injections in different tendinopathy presentations.
Tendinopathy Education Materials
Tendinopathy Webinar with Dr Peter Malliaras
Listen to this free tendinopathy rehabilitation podcast with Dr Peter Malliaras